Friday, May 14, 2010

No more tears

I have known you for more than 3 years and now I have to leave you but, I won't shed a tear because I will come back to you one day and I know that you will receive me then just as I was one of your own.

I was in 6th semester of my Engineering Degree and on an early mornig at around 1 AM, I was handed over my first job offer. I had prepared really diligently for it the previous day and it came to my rescue on the day. My name was called out quite late in the night which forced me into a temporary dejection that I saw permenantly written over some faces. But the moment when I was called out to collect my offer letter I was ecstatic and had welcomed HCL into my career.

Days from then on were busy with final two semesters and exams and projects. College days were nearing an end and there was no notice from the company that had recruited me one year in advance. Repeated phone calls and HR was as it usually is - unresponsive. Well that was the least of the troubles that HR had already inflicted on the few of us eagerly waiting for the call.

I read it in my mail that I had to join HCL on 20th September 2006. I had waited for that day to come like a madman and finally I joined HCL. The trouble of finding an accomodation in CHENNAI is not new to anyone who has one encounter with this city. My friends' and my case was no different. Finally, all got settled and got into different projects and then there was CHANGE - LOTS OF IT.

Love caught me off-guard and I am thankful to almighty that it did. Living, knowing that someone loves you adds a whole new dimension to life. Got into a major project and spent 2.5 years there before another CHANGE - one which I will dread for the rest of my life. Every low has a high and that was proven quite soon to me and I got into another project. Wonderful team members, great manager and a great project with whole lot to learn. The cherry on the cake was the client. A bunch of great people who did not have the high headed attitude that was typical of people in a commanding position.

A great opportunity to visit New York squandered, dreams shattered working was no more fun but I loved it nonetheless. Friends are a breath of fresh air and there is no better testimony than the great company that I got in a short period of time.

All the fatigue of travelling 40 Kilometers to reach office melted away when I was with them and I enjoyed my work and time. Then came the time for interviews and by God's grace, I was able to clear two major companies and they paid me close to my demands.

Putting down my papers was not the easiest thing that I had ever done. A lot of efforts ensued from then to retain me which eventually turned futile. The final mail was quite a difficult one to draft. The final speech was not the best that I had made till then but my comrades gifted me a watch for that... well that's what I will like to believe.

Looking at you for one last time...I have known you for more than 3 years and now I have to leave you but.........

2 comments:

  1. we depart to meet and meet to depart....
    first day at college,first interview,first job offer ,first day in office ,first project,first love......all things are so very special
    its really hard to move on but we have to...
    all the best to your future endeavours.. with the approach and attidue towards life you have we have firm belief that you have
    great and bright future...world is your oyster now..
    ~ravindra rajput

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you have expressed "only" about your positive experience with your first Job.. Keep rocking....

    ReplyDelete